Saturday, 19 April 2014

The ultimate bag list

Whether you want a timeless, classic or fresh and spicy; a bag will give you that. Infact it will give you most things in life, something nice, some fashion sense and make you feel powerful.
So this is my list of best bags that i have seen or heard great things about:

1. The Céline bag- 'THE' Céline bag, has been the IT bag for a long time now. Phoebe Philo (creative director at Céline), managed to design a bag so true to the brand's DNA, that it took off internationally and has been rated as the 'best' bag since 2010. The bag itself is avaliable in many different colours and fabrics, from calf hair to Python, neon pink to the classic black, its timeless and will never go out of fashion.

Picture obtained from spottedfashion.com

2. Mulberry Bayswater- Probably the most classic bag in this list, full of character, strong, a must have I'd say- a wardrobe staple. I particularly like the black crocodile pictured below.


Picture obtained from precision-cast.co.uk

3. Chanel Classic quilted flap bag- Quintessentially a French classic. Designed by Lagerfeld, who re birthed the house of Chanel only recently, creating pieces which have remained close to the roots of Coco herself but have been somewhat modernised.

Picture from upscalehype.com

4. Hermès Birkin bag- This has got to be one of the most famous, most attractive, dare I say it, most expensive bag on the list (you even have to go on a waiting list, in order to purchase), The Birkin. Named after British actress Jane Birkin, this bag has sky rocketed to fame, favoured by celebrities such as Victoria Beckham and the Kardashians. Something about this bag makes you fall in love with it, maybe that vintage Hermès shape or the material. Whatever it is, its stunning!

Picture from becauseiamfabulous.com

5. Givenchy Antigona- Chic, Sharp and that general sense of effortless modernity. The Antigona has the feeling of passion and power behind its patent leather folds, almost as if it has a dark side. 

Picture obtained from ricardotisci.blogspot.com

6. Lady Dior- Without a doubt, a bag packed with luxury. The compact shape and patent quilted fabric screams of high-end French elegance. Love it.

Picture obtained from theluxurycloset.com

7. Louis Vuitton Speedy 40 Bag- I have no idea why, but I have always loved this bag. I just love that classic LV monogram, and I know people will disagree and call it tacky, but I love the rich colours of the monogram and its just so chic to me. However if you dont like it there are other alternative monograms, like Damier etc. Also I like the way it stands, sort of reminds me of when LV did a collection based on the oriental express, the rich colours and bold silhouettes.

Picture obtained from lvpopular.com

8. Prada Pyramid- this bag has a very 50s vibe about it, avaliable in a wide range of pastel colours. I can picture Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys holding one of these in her Givenchy dress. It also has a very sporty vibe running through the collection, a sense of relaxation and simple vintage.

Picture obtained from upscalehype.com

9. Saint Laurent Sac Du Jour- As we saw Heidi Slimane take over the house of YSL a couple of seasons ago, he brought a brand new modern cool take to the house. The first few seasons he brought us bohemian chic and 70s mixed with deep grunge. I have to say I love a bit of grunge. The first time I saw this bag was in Vogue, I was pleasantly suprised because this bag has come away from the original YSL and branched out to the cooler, edgier, sleek look of Mr Slimane himself.

Picture obtained from lyst.com

10. Alexander Mcqueen Heroine- There is something darkly romantic about this bag, I like the longer shape and the way it mimics the classic designer bags. This bag to me represents a piece of artwork, since Mcqueen was such an artist, I think his team explored that by creating a masterpiece as a bag.

Picture obtained from coolspotters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment