Monday, 26 May 2014

Mens S/S 2014 Footwear Trends

For all you men who are looking for that perfect spring/summer look, I can tell you one thing; no outfit or look is complete until you have a fine pair of shoes. Every element from your look is crucial to making a good impression on someone, so let's start now.

The Espadrille
Quite a popular footwear choice by designers this season. Seen all over the runways from Givenchy to Dries Van Noten, bursting with vibrant colours, illusionistic prints or just down to earth neutrals, be it with embellishments, cotton, tweeds, metallics or even glitter, we saw them all! A definite comfort option, channelling that beach chic vibe. Imagine that, Riveira chic, oh how wonderful. I give my approval on them, however they cannot be worn sporadically.

Chanel
Source: jshacarro.com

The Loafer 
Timeless, always has been and always will. If we travel back in history, the renouned Gucci Horsebit Loafer, created in 1953, was the item that put the house of Gucci on the map and turned it into a global empire. Buyers have been attracted by these loafers for so many years that it has never once gone out of fashion, its classic. I'm not saying to go out and buy a Gucci loafer, but do consider any kind, they are classical, stylish footwear men.

Gucci
Picture obtained from marquisoffashion.com

The Sandal
I am NOT talking about those hideous things from the 90s, with those dire Velcro straps and garish green tones. No, infact I am talking about something far more attractive, Italian leathers, metal plates, complex cross-sectional straps and weaves of fabric. Yes, indeed, the gladiator sandal is back! Now I don't mean the knee-high ones made out of just metal, (althought Versace do some which are literally God's work), but nice, simple ones and no they will not reduce your levels of masculinity, you would just simply be considered for having good taste.

Salvatore Ferragamo
 Pic from Victor Virgile/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images

The Skater/Plimsol
This is a unisex trend this season. The epitome of modern day fashion. Bringing comfort and that urban edge to the streets. Designers have really gone to town with these, adding prints, metallics, audacious detailing, embellishments, textures; anything to make their mark for the brand. Personally, I like these, but you do have to be careful in which ones you choose, sometimes bold is risqué.

Givenchy 

Picture obtained from kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk

The Desert Boot
You can never get away from these, they're always there, staring you in the face. They are unbelievably popular with the youth of today, why? Because there is some sort of irresistability when you look at them, I have no idea what it is. Do I like them? Definitely, but would I buy them? No, the trend and style of them are just too common nowadays, I like to be unique in what I wear, therefore I wouldn't. This is just the same as the brands Michael Kors and Louis Vuitton, everyone is suddenly buying into them, meaning more and more people are being put off into buying anything else. 

Acne
Picture obtained from limitémagazine.com










No comments:

Post a Comment