Oh what a glorious spectacle it was. The collection was called 'Mamma Knows Best'. You may think I'm joking; I'm not. Tacky is not a word used in fashion much, but I'm reclaiming it in this review.
Oh yes the Dolce boys were celebrating motherhood for this collection, 'dedicated to mothers of the world', said Sarah Harris.
Let me start off with the casting. How lovely it was to see models carry babies, who clearly were enjoying their time, while they paraded down the catwalk. Wasn't it just so inspirational to see?
In terms of the pieces, what can I say? It is the same repeated flower motif every season. The same tribute to their Sicilian roots. We saw the giant red rose on a lace dress with velvet shoes, some peculiar looking bag and the new add-on this season, the embellished tiara headphone monstrosity!! I apologise if you actually liked these, but I am sorry my dear readers, it is obscene and so laughable. We then had the usual of the flared black skirt suits. Then of course some biblical references of Madonna and Child featuring in some of the prints.
The evening wear was, as you would expect, absolutely disgusting! For we were treated to some gorgeous silk dresses ruined by children's scrawl (the kind of things you'd see hung up on the fridge), which was then embroidered on- adding a young, textural dimension that we all so need on a lovely evening gown. Fortunately Stephano and Domenico finally realised that some of their clientele would not wear that, so instead they added a fur for a touch of sophistication or to just cover up from the horrors that lay beneath.
You can tell the boys are trying so very hard to improve their collections every season. With baby steps they will manage to captivate their target audience. However, for now, this is not the case.
Picture courtesy of Style.com
No comments:
Post a Comment