Monday, 7 September 2015

VMA 2015 Red Carpet Critique

Despite the fact that my last red carpet critique was less than a month ago, I believe that one never gets bored of ripping apart some truly horrendous celebrity red-carpet fashions.
Today I have a treat for you, the Video Music Awards red-carpet and boy oh boy it was an absolute train wreck.
Before you disagree with my truthful opinions, pause, I am aware that this is MTV and it is an extremely tacky event where celebrities have been given the go ahead to dress controversially. However I disagree, whatever the event, I think one should maintain dignity in some form or another, don't you? 

Firstly, I think it is only right we address the issue that is Miley Cyrus. Can I just say that my eyes have never been so offended. Her red-carpet look comprising of those iridescent braces and a chandelier- inspired loin-cloth was simply disgusting! Also let us discuss the fact that it was Versace?! Donatella Versace made THAT for her?! I am completely bewildered by this concept and I no longer respect Donatella, I am afraid to say.
Unfortunately Miley looks like she's come straight from one of those awful eighties sci-fi X-rated movies, do you not agree my dear readership, do you not agree? 

 
 
Then we move onto her cavalcade of equally atrocious looks of the evening, and do not even get me started on them. The one which can only be described as a plastic bag with blow up pom-poms stuck only concealing the bare minimum, was an absolute monstrosity. At that point I thought to myself, wow she even looks worse than Rita (Wh)Ora, and that frankly is very hard to acheive. Even her dad, Billy Ray, who accompanied her on the carpet, looked visibly disappointed. 
The only thing I have left to say is, better luck next time Cyrus.



 
Moving on swiftly to none other than Taylor Swift. (got that pun didn't you?!) Isn't she just so dainty and perfect, although not as perfect as Beyoncé, as that would be sheer blasphemy!
Embracing the end of summer with a sequined houndstooth co-ord track suit was definitely the right decision, plus with the addition of those jewel-toned metallic Louboutins- to die for. The only criticism I have with this look is the makeup. Now don't get me wrong but I love a sharp winged eyeliner, however, I think it just drowned her entire face out. You may disagree but opinions are opinions, my darlings.

 

 



 
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. Kim you have let me down big time! As I said in a post a couple of months back, I had wished that her pregnancy style would have improved even by the slightest since her first pregnancy with North. Evidently my wish was too far fetched. We see Kim, everyday now, in figure hugging jersey dresses and enormous Tom Ford heels, like we get it, your pregnant. However, enoughs enough, I do not want to see a huge bum flailing about left right and centre. Linking this back to this VMA look, where she kindly impersonated a big bag of potatoes. Let's talk about inappropriate the look was- I want to scream, 'you're a mother!'. The breasts were out because that dress was about two sizes too small for her and the bum is simply inexcusable, it looks like a shelf from the side.


 
Kim of course brought her possy, comprising of that one who's begging for attention, hmm...Oh yes, Kris the dinosaur is her name. (Talk about botched plastic surgery) Also Kourtney and Kylie who actually looked flawless in clean, edgy Balmain looks.



 
Now to Kanye West, as you all know I love to tear apart his so called 'style' any day of the week. Let me give you some background for why he was attending this event, out of just luck MTV decided that he should be awarded the most prestigious award of the night. (When I say prestigious, I mean BeyoncĂ© won it last year) So he wins the Video Vanguard award and he turns up in what one would assume were his pyjamas or perhaps an adult nappy, rolled up to his knees (total dick move there) and then to top it all off, those truly disgusting Yeezy trainers, otherwise known as the shoes that I cannot even classify as a shoe. However, this was by far the least significant event of the night, yes that is right, I am referring to his speech where he announced he would be running for president in 2020, I am sorry but what is the world coming to? 
Also Kim if you read this, I still love you.


 
 
 

Nicki Minaj. Who remembers when Nicki Minaj was beyond strange - dressing like a harajuku doll 24/7 with those horrific leopard wigs paired with unforgivably tight leather jumpsuits, perhaps the lowest point in her life. I hate to be one of those people to use the word 'slay', however Nicki definitely slayed on the red-carpet. She looked absolutely flawless. Maybe I liked this so much because she actually looked normal in contrast to the majority. its a strong 10 from me.


 

Amber Rose and Blac Chyna. Interestingly they have worn they're CVs out in public. It's very rare we see the pair out together, they must have been made redundant from their employers at the brothel.
I can now say that Rita Ora's 'walk of shame' status can be successfully passed over to this twosome.

 

Justin Bieber. I never thought the day would come when I would actually say that Bieber looks half decent. I know many do not like this new hair sweep, but I personally love it. The look is nice, not great, but just fine. He just seems awfully sad all the time, for example in his performance at said awards, he started crying, someone explain to me the emotions that a 7 year old feels? He just reminds me of try hard version of Brad Pitt circa 1997, long blonde side sweep and an apprehensive pout.



 


                  Note: I do not win any of these images-  Picture Courtesy of gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment