Friday, 2 May 2014

MET Costume Institute Gala 2014

The time has nearly arrived, for we are only a couple of days away from the biggest, most prestigious fashion event of the year, the Metropolitan Museum Of Art's Costume Insititute Gala, on May 5th. This year the MET is celebrating the opening of the Charles James: Beyond Fashion exhibit and the new Anna Wintour Costume Centre. 

Every year Anna Wintour (Editor-in-chief of American Vogue) hosts the event and invites every celebrity, designer, model and style icon there is; to dress up in the most luxurious gown and saunter down the red carpet.

Normally there is a set theme to which everyone dresses to, for example last year's was punk and a couple of years before that, it was the work of Alexander Mcqueen. 

Let's take a look back to last year's event of chaos to couture and view some of the guest's fashion choices:

1. Cara Delevingne- Bespoke Burberry. Every star brought an element of what they thought was punk to the event and Cara brought the British biker punk consisting of a black deep-V gown embellished with studs and an audacious statement ear cuff. She definitely brings the qui to quichness.

Picture obtained from larmoiredelana.com

2. Kim Kardashian- Custom Givenchy by Ricardo Tisci, Kim stole the headlines with this gown. Quite adventurous. The print looks very vintage almost like a couch, anyway I think she pulled it off extremely well, its not every day you see someone wearing head to toe floral Givenchy even with matching gloves aswell.

Picture obtained from swa-rai.com

3. Beyoncé- Givenchy Couture, Beyoncé's take on punk reminded me of Liberace, with the flames creepy up her body and the thigh-high boots, I like this gown, it is not standout but who are we kidding its Beyoncé therefore she can look good in anything.

Picture obtained from sheknows.com

4. Miley Cyrus- Marc Jacobs, this event happened just before Anna Wintour cancelled Miley's American Vogue cover, so I don't think she will be attending this year. But I love this dress, Miley can pull off punk because she carries that punk look, the spiked up short blonde hair and mesh gown, perfection.

Picture obtained from stylefrizz.com

5. Rosie Huntington-Whitely, wore a Gucci fall/winter 2013 gown. I love this, the material is so sumptuous, rich and expensive, I especially like the feather detailing over the bust and the mesh frame. This is punk couture.

Picture obtained from hawtcelebs.com


Check back next week as I am doing a review of the fashions at the met gala 2014. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment