The collection featured an entirely white colour palette. However some pieces weren't just white, they were various shades of white incorporated with texture and decoration, for example sandy white jackets, the almost golden embroidered chiffon gowns or the plissé organza that created a light-as-air feeling.
There were less long dresses or big ball gowns, replaced with coats and day dresses. As the show was set in New York, I felt that Chiuri and Piccioli included a vast amount of American street-style into the collection. The clothes had edge and fluidity; coping with the fast pace of the city. Perhaps the answer for the lack of long dresses.
The looks were minimal, models had light but dewy skin, hair in a low, streamlined ponytail. There was a great sense of effortlessness throughout.
Picture courtesy of the fashionisers.com


I thought it was a great collection that really brought out the under credited beauty in white.
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
~Sophia
Plaid Is My Favourite Colour
I love this collection! And I love your blog! My blog is very similar so check it out if your interested:) http://fashion-is-my-forte.blogspot.co.uk
ReplyDelete