Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Zac Posen Fall 2015

I have always admired Zac Posen's work. He is able to produce the most beautiful evening wear which is always red carpert worthy.
This collection was dramatically glamorous. On the one hand, we had the Grace Kelly influence; cinched in waists, silky foulards and volumizing skirts. True elegance. 


 
                

 
 
On the other hand, I felt that this collection was targeted at the more mature, sophisticated woman; seen through the fitted sage green suits (very Christian Dior in the late 40s) and the complexity of the built up appliqué on the evening wear pieces.

 
 

 
 


 
 


 
 
It was made apparent that Posen had prepped this collection with the thinking that A-listers will choose his brand ahead of the Oscars.
I can tell you one thing, my readers, that that ball gown which Naomi Campbell closed the show wearing. I predict that someone will be wearing that in a couple of weeks time.
 
 

Picture Courtesy of Style.com

 
 
The collection had body. More strong, elegant glamour than sweet, sexy and seductive (a trend for this current season).
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment