Saturday, 2 May 2015

Kim Kardashian's Style Reinvention

Although my hatred for Kanye West overpowers everything else on this world. I do, unfortunately, applaud him for his work on completely transforming Kim Kardashian's style. She's gone from tacky metallic wrap dresses, 90s kitten heels and monogrammed Louis bags to well-styled Givenchy bodysuits and Balmain flares.
For me, she hasn't put a foot wrong in about two years, saying that- an exception being her pregnancy style, which was frankly amusing. I think we all remember when she squeezed her swollen feet into those Givenchy perspex heels, don't we?
Kim is not afraid of taking risks and I think that is mirrored through the ferocious glamour she injects into every look.
In this post, I have picked out a few looks which I think Kim has executed to perfection:


1. Kim at Variety's Power of Women Awards. As most of you know, I have the biggest obsession with Kim K, although not as much as Beyoncé, as that would be sheer blasphemy.
Here, Kim wears custom Giambattista Valli accompanied by a Olympia Le Tan clutch. This is purely goddess-like.



2. Yes yes, one is aware the cleavage is revealed, but settle down please- it's Kim K, she's an fashion icon, she is allowed to take the risks.

Here she wears- sunglasses- YSL
                Fur coat- Givenchy pre-fall 2014
                bodysuit- Wolford
                knee-high biker stilettos- Givenchy spring 2015

                                  
                                   
                        

3. I know many people will disagree, but I absolutely loved the platinum blonde days- I mean talk about radiance.
Kim wears head-to-toe Givenchy Spring 2015




 4. This look, without a doubt, reflects Kim's fiery and risqué manner of dressing. The latex is extremely fetishist, however mitigated by the creamy mink to create a uniquely wearable outfit.
 


 

5. This is a perfect example of Kim's timeless style. This look is so simple yet so sophisticated.
Kim wears a coat from Chloe




6. Just imagine Kanye is NOT in this picture, but instead focus your attention on Kim in this incredible woven jacquard dress, encrusted in a pearls and Swarovski crystals, by of course Olivier Rousteing at Balmain.(one of my favourite designers)

   


7. December 2013- Kim wears an old signature, the metallic wrap dress(thank god not a horrendously tacky one). Love double mustard, even though it has the potential to have an acquired taste.
Kim wears a wrap dress from Lanvin and strappy sandals from Tom Ford.




8. The teddy-bear coat, this coat is so popular because of our lady, Kim Kardashian. Last fall she was constantly snapped wearing this coat and eventually it became a 'must have'. Yes I know you will say I simply cannot afford a £1,500 MaxMara coat, but do not worry, there are other high-street options.


 
Picture Courtesy of cosmopolitan.com via getty images

No comments:

Post a Comment