A minority of celebrities followed one trend- sheer, flesh baring, jewel-encrusted gowns. Bringing the bipolarity of total streetwalker and high-class glamour. With this in mind, Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez are all given the honour of being in my top 5, but who will be queen of the carpet?
At number 8: Bella and Gigi Hadid,
Who are these girls do I hear you say? They, with Kendall Jenner are forming the new breed of the 'supermodel'. A hybrid, one would say.
On with their looks. When I first saw Bella in her LBD with some major floral adornment, I thought only one designer had made this- Tom Ford. However, this was not the case, this creation is by Topshop! That's right, you heard me, Topshop. My reaction entailed a face of pure perplexity. I think its rather exciting to see Topshop, the forever expanding giant of the high street, produce clothing at such a high-standard but with an affordable price label. With this reason, I applaude you Topshop.
Gigi, on the other hand, is wearing a custom postbox red gown with gold embroidery by Diane Von Furstenberg. A vision of sheer opulence.
7. Reese Witherspoon looks like a 50s film-star in this so simple yet sophisticated red Jason Wu number. The jewellery is so exquisite. We love a touch of Chopard any day, darlings. Perhaps one could argue it's not in keeping with the theme, but I think she looks stunning. Also she has the most luminous complexion.
6. Next we have Amanda Seyfried in a Givenchy Haute Couture by Ricardo Tisci. I am sure you all know by now I love Tisci's work for Givenchy. He has really fought to put his stamp on the house with his gothic, sometimes fetishistic, modern designs.
This floral applique dress he has customized for Amanda is just pure Tisci, classic but with a incongruous twist- perhaps the high-neck line or the bewildering extra dimension the Chantilly lace and 3D plastered pearls add.
5. As the current face of Calvin Klein Jeans, it seems only right that Kendall Jenner wears a custom gown by Francisco Costa for CK. My fellow readership, please can we take this moment to appreciate just how angelic Kendall always looks. I am not even joking when I say I want to be her! Her entire look is impeccable, including the cheeky bit of sideboob. (considering my strong hatred for boobs)
4. Kate Hudson wears a custom Michael Kors. What an outstanding piece, she looks like someone has just doused her in liquid gold. A vision of a goddess. It's this infusion of oriental and Californian, which makes it so timeless and elegant.
3. Finally we have reached my top 3! Jennifer Lopez in Atelier Versace. Everyone, have we seen this dress? And have we seen J-Lo? I swear she never ages, because she looks out-of-this-world. Donatella Versace is just able to assert her skills of producing gowns which are so glamorous and so sexy. I love the bold dragon motif which covers her torso and also the colour combinations which perfectly complement J-Lo's skin. I will always have a special fondness for Jenny from the block.
2. My second best-dressed goes to Kim Kardashian in Peter Dundas' first design for Roberto Cavalli. I have no words to describe this dress, I love it with passion! Just look at the details, they are so intricate, its heaven. I cannot wait to see Dundas' first pret-a-porter collection for Cavalli. I have very high hopes.
1. I think we all know who takes the top of the list. Evidently Queen Beyoncé Knowles!!! I hope you know just how much I appreciate Bey as a music icon, queen and a human being. Beyoncé is practically the female equivalent of Jesus, she makes music that speaks to so many people around the world, music that holds such important messages that it emotionally attaches itself onto you, eternally. She is an inspiration to all.
Her gown is just mind blowing, yes yes I know its very revealing, but it is Tisci for Givenchy after all.Just look at her though, I worship her and I applaude her for taking a risk and absolutely killing it. She ruled that carpet and we all know that!
Note: I do not own any of these images- Vogue.com, Style.com, getty















No comments:
Post a Comment