Saturday, 19 September 2015

Yeezy Season 2 NYFW

Well, it seems like the man who killed fashion is back with yet another installment in collaboration with Adidas Orginals, entitled Yeezy Season 2. Frankly, I am just so surprised that the New York Fashion Week board has let him show yet another monstrosity of a catwalk show.
As we all know, I have an extreme hatred for Kanye West, especially after his first Yeezy collection, which was proof to us that he cannot design clothes and he simply should never be allowed. If we go back to six months ago when he showed his debut collection, we saw flesh-coloured bodysuits, leotards and leggings, crazily proportioned outerwear and those Yeezy boost trainer things, which I cannot even bare to classify as a shoe.



 
In contrast to what fashion bloggers are saying about 'Yeezy season being the greatest time of the year', I respectfully disagree. This season's collection was truly disgraceful, we had exact repeats of everything shown last season but in this supposedly 'cool' tri-tone colour palette, consisting of what one could only describe as a stool brown, then a medium dusty brown shade and then those monotonous nudes, talk about yawn. Following on with that un-inspiring choice of palette, we had a selection of oversized hoodies, jersey mix lurex drop-crotch sweats (basically nappies) and an unlimited amount of bodysuits. The clothes themselves were quite utilitarian, although very futuristic. One look in particular stood out for me, probably for the worse- the deconstructed sandy green kimono torn to fit over a pair of cargos, it looked like Luke Skywalker had had a run into Nicki Minaj at the Spanx shop while on set for the Hunger Games.
I think the worst part was Kanye asking his pregnant wife and his daughter to dress up in those abhorrent skin-coloured rags and appear in the front row next to Anna Wintour, you could tell by Kim's facial expression of pure humiliation. 
Let us quickly address the shoe situation, the main hype to many was the debut of his brand new 'Yeezy Boost Boot', even more of an abomination than the original Yeezys. 

 
 
Can we just remember that this is the man who is running for president in 2020, how does he think he's going to be taken seriously?

 
                   Note: I do not own any of these images
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment