If I'm honest, I was pretty shocked when I found out the ticket price was a good £40, seemed a bit extortionate for a one hour talk, but when I entered the foyer, it was truely enchanting, like all the pages of Vogue come together to create a small but extensive fashion bubble, full of Vogue nic-nacs that you would've dreamt about but never thought it would be a reality,such as the Vogue shop, Vogue cafĂ©, kerestase hair bar, Harrods juice bar and champagne bar, not to forget the freebies! I was actually a tiny bit dissapointed with this, even though I was in my own little world, because I think the Vogue team should of made it more friendly for men, and I know Vogue is directed to women, but some men enjoy fashion too, like myself. Maybe a suggestion for the future?
The talk I went to see was 'Want to work in fashion?', the reason why i chose to see this is because A) I want to work in fashion and it seemed almost practical for me B) I wanted to catch a glimpse at some of the fashion icons. The talk was delivered, panel style, by Alexandra Shulman, Lisa Armstrong, Sarah Burton (OMG), Daniel Marks and Louise Wilson. It was truely mind blowing to sit in the same room as Sarah Burton. The talk was chaired by the deputy editor of Vogue Emily Sheffield. I found the talk ok, most of it was cliché, but that was kind of expected, it wasn't the most amazing advice, but I did learn some things. I just loved being there, in that place, surrounded by the fashion world.
At the end of the talk, we all tottered through back to the foyer to enjoy the rest of the Vogue treats, and then there she was, KARLIE KLOSS, the 6ft 3 supermodel and Victoria Secret angel, handing out her newly famous 'Karlie's Kookies' to people. Of course I was like a squealing mouse when I saw her, so were thecrowd of a thousand people assembled around her. Overall this day was literally the best experience ever. THANK-YOU VOGUE<3




No comments:
Post a Comment